Thanksgiving celebrations are incomplete without a slice of pie dolloped with whipped cream. Yes, pumpkin pie is a classic, but what if we spruced things up this year?
We have curated a list of unique pies that will ‘wow’ your dinner guests this Thanksgiving. Dig into these fantastic recipes!
Lemony Sweet Potato Pie
Total time: 70 minutes
Makes 8 Servings
2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
3 large eggs
1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter, melted
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 cup sugar
1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Press mashed sweet potatoes through a sieve or food mill. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, water, butter and extracts. Stir in the sugar and sweet potatoes. Pour into shell.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Serve pie with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Total time: 50 mins
Eggs – you’ll need 2 whole large eggs + 1 egg yolk
Powdered sugar – for dusting
Whipped cream – for serving
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. If using homemade pie dough, roll and fit your pie crust into a standard 9 inch pan. Crimp the edges, and place the pie crust in the refrigerator.
- Place the cream cheese and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on high until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape the bowl with a spatula, then beat in the two eggs plus one egg yolk. Scrape the sides of the bowl again, then set the mixer on low and mix in cream, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Continue to mix on low until very smooth: You want to make sure the spices are thoroughly and evenly blended in the batter.
- Pour the creamy cinnamon filling into the prepared pie pan.
- Bake the pie for 35 minutes, until the center seems set when jiggled, but not totallyfirm. Bake another 5 minutes if needed.
- Once done, allow the pie to cool completely on a cooling rack. Cover with foil and chill in the fridge.
We hope you enjoy these delicious recipes!
Lemony Sweet Potato Pie Taste of Home
Cinnamon Pie A Spicy Perspective