Baking Christmas cookies will forever be a huge tradition for families around the world. We can always bake the usual chocolate chip or sugar cookies, but if you're looking for something different, try out these!
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups unsalted butter, softened to room temperature (not melted*)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsulphured molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs and molasses. Then, gradually add in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Transfer dough to an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When dough is chilled, roll into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Then, roll each ball in sugar until it is completely coated.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, then let cool for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Find the complete recipe here: Gimme Some Oven
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2¾ cups flour
1½ teaspoons cream of tartar
½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Sugar Mix
¼ cup sugar
1½ tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in eggs and vanilla, and cream for 1-2 more minutes.
- Mix in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon.
- Wrap dough and let refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Roll dough into small balls, then drop into the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat well.
- Use a spoon to coat the dough balls again.
- Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool, serve, and enjoy!
Find the complete recipe here: Modern Honey
Happy Holidays! I hope you and your family enjoy the treats!
Let me know what topics you're interested in, and I'll do my best to include them in future blogs! Email me at email@example.com