Everyone deserves to have a little treat sometimes, especially on a holiday. St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and if you are looking for holiday-inspired desserts, look no further! We found a couple of fun and easy recipes that will make for some sweet party treats!
Below are two yummy recipes for you to try!
1.) Grasshopper Bars
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food color
- 1 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir all Bar ingredients until soft dough forms. Press into pan; bake for 15 minutes. Cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir all frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread over bars.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave all glaze ingredients on High 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
TIP: Line the baking pan with foil for easier cutting and quick cleanup!
2.) Shamrock Pretzels
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time:10 minutes
- 1 12- oz bag green Wilton Candy Melts*
- Mini pretzels
- Stick pretzels
- Green & white chocolate candies
- Green & white sprinkles
- Melt chocolate for 1 minute in the microwave. Gently stir, then microwave for additional 30 second intervals as needed.
- Set out a large sheet of wax paper. For each shamrock you'll need 3 mini pretzels and a stick pretzel. One after the other, dip each pretzel, then shake off remaining chocolate and lay on the wax paper, forming the shamrock shape where the bottoms of all 3 mini pretzels are touching, then you gently squeeze in the coated stick pretzel between them. You can use a fork to dip the pretzels.
- Immediately after arranging your shamrock, decorate with 3 chocolate candies and green and white sprinkles. You'll want to make sure you do this before the chocolate is set!
- Let the shamrock cool until chocolate turns from shiny to matte. Gently remove any chocolate dribbles if you prefer. Enjoy!
** Instead of using green candy melts, you can essentially make your own by slowly melting 1 12-oz bag of white chocolate chips with 1 TBSP shortening or coconut oil in the microwave. Start with 1 minute, then add 30 seconds and gently stir. You can add one more 30 second interval, then let the chocolate sit in the warm bowl for an additional minute or two, then stir gently. After chocolate is melted, add 2-3 drops green food coloring.
Let us know if you try either or both of the recipes!
Grasshopper Bars Recipe by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Shamrock Pretzels Recipe by: Butter With A Side of Bread